The guys have had a long hard winter of shoveling snow and scraping ice off windshields. As warm spring weather is finally on the horizon, its time to plan a great guy getaway. Whether it’s a guys’ golfing weekend, bachelor party or a special Father’s Day experience, here are some of the best reasons for the guys to get together and go out and play!
1. New England rivers will be gushing all summer long from the fresh snow melt this spring, guaranteeing a ride of a lifetime down the Kennebec, Penobscot and Dead Rivers. MagicFalls.com river rafting company in northern Maine has everything guys need for a grand adventure. Stay at the guest house that lodges 16 people or in cabin tents, dine on BBQ and tell stories around the campfire with BYOB beverages. If you like to go up as well as down, take a try at the region’s only rock climbing tower!
2. Nothing is quite as relaxing or exhilarating as going fishing with your buddies. Head off to Lake George in the shadow of the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York for a grand fishing adventure. Three well known charter companies will provide all the bait and tackle that you’ll need to fish for Lake Trout, Salmon, Bass and Northern Pike. Stay in mountain lodges and fishing resorts with nearby golf and white water rafting available as well. Check out these Fishing Charter Companies: Hooker Charters, Jeff’s Lake George Fishing Charters, Justy-Joe Charters.
3. The boys of summer are taking to the fields and what could be better than a Baseball Road Trip with the guys. Triple Crown Baseball Tours puts together fantastic journeys to watch premier teams play on the east coast, west coast and in the mid-west. Tours include costs of all transportation, low-level game tickets and deluxe accommodations at Marriott properties. A prime example is the East Coast Hall of Fame tour from July 26-31, 2014 with visits to see the Philly’s, Yankees, Mets and Red Sox as well as a visit to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. More details at TripleCrownTravel.com.
4. York County Pennsylvania has what every guy craves – the Susquehanna Ale Trail, Mason-Dixon Wine Trail, Sweet and Salty Snacks Trail AND the Harley-Davidson Factory tour. Located an easy drive from New York, New Jersey, Baltimore and Washington, DC, southeast Pennsylvania makes a great getaway destination. Circle around Gettysburg, Lancaster and Hershey to sample 9 craft ale breweries, almost two dozen wineries, and multiple potato chip, pretzel and chocolate factories and the Harley-Davidson factory. Find more info at York County Things To Do.
5. Learn to be a Smokologist and Grill Master this Memorial Day Weekend at the PawsUp Resort in Montana. PawsUp, a luxury outdoor living resort, has invited some of the most respected BBQ Chefs from as far away as Georgia, Kansas City and California to host a 4 day grilling event. Participants will have a weekend of grilled and smoked delights paired with bourbon, fine wines, whisky and beers. There will be plenty of adventures to go around as well with ATVing, horseback riding and fly-fishing on the 37,000 acres of natural landscape. More details at PawsUp.com
6. Get your motors running an head out to Bowling Green Kentucky to visit the home of the Corvette, America’s favorite sports car. Just an hour north of Nashville, guys can visit the Corvette factory and watch a Corvette being assembled, as well as visiting the National Corvette Museum across the street. Check out the world-famous sinkhole that everyone saw on the news recently. See weekly drag races all summer long at nearby drag strip and raceways. And for a change of pace, you might want to go hiking and caving at Mammoth Cave National Park the wold’s longest cave system (400 miles and counting!). More info at BGKY.com
Need even more inspiration? Check out our article on Huffington Post listing another dozen Ultimate Guy Getaways.