Kerala is the finest state in Southern India and considered by some to be the greenest place in the world. Here are five top destinations in Kerala with inspirational sites and activities.
1) Alappuzha – Alappuzha is also known by the name of Alleppey and is commonly called the Venice of the East. Alleppey is where the rice is cultivated and lots of thickly planted coconut palms. Chinese nets and paddy fields can be seen near Alappuzha.
- Kuttanad Region
- Mannarasala Sri Nagaraja Temple
- Statue Of Karumadikuttan
- Arthunkal St. Andrew’s Church
2) Cochin – Cochin or Kochi is situated in the Ernakulum district of Kerala state and is the second largest city in Kerala. There are many amazing sites in Cochin.
- Dutch Palace
- St. Francis Church
- Bolghatty Palace
- Cherai Beach
- Santa Cruz Basilica
3) Kovalam – The town Kovalam is a famous beach destination that is visited by many tourists every day. Kovala is a beach site where you’ll find fast waves for swimming and shandy shores for walking.
- Vizhinjam Rock Cut Cave
- Pozhikkara Beach
- Kaudiar Palace
4) Munnar – The is an exotic and popular hill station. The mild climate of Munnar provides numerous outdoor leisure activities. Munnar has large tracts of tea plantations as well as wonderful terrain for bike riding.
- Tata Tea Museum
- Anamudi Peak
- Echo Point
- Hill View Park
- Kundala Lake
5) Thekkedy – Thekkedy is situated in the Idukki district of Kerala where you will find lots of fun adventures. Be sure to visit the famous Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary for varied displays of flora and fauna including herds of elephants and other large animals.
- Mangala Devi Temple
- Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve
Best Ten Travel Tips For Planny Your Trip To Kerala
1) Credit Cards- Most of the shopping malls and restaurants accept major credit cards but still it is recommended that you carry some cash with you.
2) Food –There is an ample variety of foods in Kerala at many of the hotels and restaurants.
3) Travel Wear – While traveling to Kerala you must carry soft cotton outfits for the beaches. For the hill stations tour you should take light warm attires.
4) Shopping – Sandalwood and buffalo horn are the perfect souvenirs and are considered to be auspicious items for your home.
5) Carry Sunscreen Creams and Sun Guard Lotions – While traveling and packing do not forget to carry sunscreen creams and lotions with you. The beaches of Kerala are wonderful sites to spend a perfect vacation but protect yourself from the strong sun rays.
6) Carry Cameras and Binoculars – To make your journey to Kerala unforgettable in your life you’ll want to take plenty of photos. You’ll appreciate having binoculars along when visiting the wildlife sanctuaries.
7) Houseboats – Houseboats are a great cruising experience that not only provides an introcution to the aquatic life of backwaters, but also lets you explore various small villages of Kerala.
8) Coconut Water – The coconut water in Kerala really calms your mind and soul and the sweetness of coconut water are mind-blowing.
9) Temple Codes – There are certain temple codes that should be kept in your mind when you visit any temple. Footwear is not allowed inside temple premises and entry into sanctum sanctorum is totally banned in all the temple complexes. Some temples also have a dress code.
10) Best Time to Visit – The best time to visit Kerala is between the months of October to April.
About The Author: Rahul Singh is a travel enthusiast and specializes in Kerala Tours. He enjoys exotic delicacies, swimming, hanging out with friends and losing his mind to house music. He happily shares his personal experiences with the readers through his creative India Blogs and articles.