Article Copyright: WickedGoodTravelTips.com
As the 4th of July approaches, all thoughts turn to the Charles River Esplanade and the gala Boston Pop’s celebration that takes place at the Hatch Shell. One of Boston’s most family friendly hotels sits just a bit upriver along the banks of the Charles River, offering dramatic views of Boston’s skyline and lots of ammenities to delight visitors of all ages . I can’t think of a better location to introduce your family to the history and culture of Boston than at the AAA 4-diamond Royal Sonesta Hotel.
Summer brings lots of great family friendly promotions at the Royal Sonesta, including the Summerfest Promotion which runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day and includes:
- Complimentary use of Bicylcles to meander along the dramatic Esplande Bike Paths that run in back of the hotel
- Free scenic Boat Rides that depart from the canal beside the hotel on riverboats run by the Charles River Boat Company
- Free Courtesy Van Service to shuttle you to historic sightseeing and shopping areas in Boston and Cambridge
- Two children under 18 may stay free in same room as their parents
- Kids Eat Free! A complimentary children’s meal is offered for up to four children under the age of 12 when traveling with two adults
- Free Ice Cream every afternoon from the courtyard ice cream cart
- A fun indoor/outdoor atrium style swimming complex
- The hotel is located across the street from the CambridgeSide Galleria Mall (120 shops) and next door to the always entertaining, Museum of Science.
The entire Sonesta Collection of hotels worldwide is offering a special summer promotion for AAA & CAA members. From now until September 15th, AAA/CAA members can save 50% off the best available rate on Sunday nights, plus kids eat free. A minimum 2 night stay is required.
Details on both of these special packages are available at Sonesta.com